WELCOME!!!

This is Danielle's blog and my aim is to make searching for your favourite things as easy as possible Enjoy!

Wednesday 23 March 2011

CONTENTS PAGE MUSIC MAGAZINE RESEARCH

I got this contents page from the 'Shout' magazine, and like most of the other contents pages I have seen this one has a bold heading in different colours, that helps it stand out. Again the pictures are the focal point of the page, and I love the way they are slanted at different angles and how there is a pink rectangle behind them to add more colour to the page, so I intend to use rectangles behind or near some of the pictures and writing that will be on my contents page. Whilst being short and concise under each name of the page we are given a breve summary of what will be on the page which may encourage to buy the magazine when we go to a shop.





I also got this contents page from the 'Shout' magazine, and although it is more or less the same as the one above in the way it is set out, there are some differences. For example instead of three pictures of the magazine pages like the one above, this one has one long photo and then two examples of the magazine pages underneath it. Also the title of the contents page is much smaller and less colourful on this example than on the one above, and the pink rectangle only goes half way up the page on this example because of the longer photo above it. But again this page is still colourful, eye-catching and would appeal to a younger audience.






Although I like the colours used in this contents page, and how the title is written in a box and spreads across the top of the page, I don't like the idea of using a double page for the contents page. However I do like how the pictures have been numbered to specific pages in the magazine, but I think this will only work of I use a double page for the contents, so I might not use this idea.




I am basing most of my design for the contents page on the above two designs as I feel that these are the most appropriate if I am aiming towards a younger audience. Again they are both from 'Top of the Pops' magazines, and I think the main thing I like about  these contents pages is how they both have bold titles in a box, and how they have a picture of their front cover and then arrows that go to different headings with the page number they are on. Also it is obvious that this magazine is targeted to a young girl audience because of the headings such as 'we love boys', but because I am aiming for a slightly older generation as well as this age group I will need to make a maturer version of this contents page to cater for both age groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment